Office Ergonomics Assessment in Vancouver
OFFICE ERGONOMICS VANCOUVER
Ergo Solve provides office ergonomics assessments and evaluations in Vancouver and throughout British Columbia. Ergo Solve can design and customize an office ergonomic assessment or workstation assessment that is both affordable and meets your or your company’s needs. It all gets down to making sure that your office workstation fits the person and not having the person fit their workstation.
Not all office ergonomic assessments are the same, and so, an important first step is knowing what Ergo Solve has to offer in terms of ergonomic approaches that are different from other service providers and can make a real difference in your workday.
OPTIONS FOR OFFICE ERGONOMIC ASSESSMENT
Measuring your body dimensions and dimensions of your workstation to determine whether there is a ‘goodness of fit‘ between your body dimensions and workstation components.
- Measuring your muscle activity using ‘state of the art’ technology to determine which muscles are active, when they are active and whether muscles are susceptible to overload and fatigue. There are few other ergonomic consultants who use this technology. Knowing what is happening inside a muscle when you type or mouse can provide you with the added insight that can make the difference. This is especially important for individuals with carpal tunnel syndrome, wrist tendinitis, de Quervain’s syndrome, lateral epicondylitis and neck and shoulder strains.
- Measuring range of motion at wrist, elbow and shoulder joints using ‘state of the art’ technology to identify the extent and proportion of work day that you spend in awkward postures.
- Videotaping you performing office work and then analyzing the video to identify awkward postures that you may not be aware that you are using. Feedback is all important.
- Analyzing your method of typing or mousing and then modifying your work method and / or choosing a mouse or keyboard that is right for you.
- Measuring light levels within your workspace and determining your ideal viewing monitor distance and font size. There is an ergonomic concept that your body follows your eyes. In other words, if you cannot see the monitor properly then you are likely to compensate for your poor vision by bending your head, neck and upper trunk.
- Providing education on involved anatomical structures and application of ergonomic concepts and principles.
- Identifying ergonomic risk factors and designing and customizing effective strategies to eliminate or minimize ergonomic risk factors.
- Providing recommendations.
- Designing and implementing an occupational health and safety strategy for the entire office, department or organization.
Suffering in silence at your workstation is no longer an option. Pick up the telephone and call Eddie at 604-612-3650 or Email Eddie to discuss your situation and determine the ergonomic approaches, methods and techniques that will best meet your needs.